Why Use Palletize
1. Palletized products can be moved more quickly than by the manual handling of individual palletized cartons.
Benefits of this quicker handling include:
2. Because palletized goods require less manual handling, we expect:
Less risk of product damage
Reduced risk of worker injury
3. Palletized products can be moved more efficiently and stored more efficiently in warehouses.
4. Customers often prefer the receipt of palletized goods
5. Pallets are typically easier to handle with material handling equipment than other styles of unit load bases such as slip sheets, which may require specialized equipment.
6. Pallets provide drainage and circulation for commodities requiring this, including fresh produce.
Types of palletising
1. Double Deep Pallet Racking
Considered by many companies as a cost effective method of bulk storage, double deep racking is not a truly selective system as access and stock rotation are compromised compared to selective pallet racking; however cube utilisation is much higher. Specially designed forklifts use a variety of double deep reach mechanisms to allow easy placement and retrieval of pallets.
Key advantages include greater use of available headroom; good access to 50% stock locations; stock rotation enabled; efficiency in operation; relatively low cost racking system; and 40% increase in storage capacity.
2. Drive-In Pallet Racking
Drive-in pallet racks are low on cost and big on high density storage. Drive-in pallet racking is a continuous block of racking with no aisles, offering high density storage, typically for non-perishables.
Key advantages include almost twice the storage capacity over selective methods; high density storage system; relatively low capital cost in comparison with other high density solutions; used with standard forklift trucks; and working on Last In First Out (LIFO) principle.
3. Narrow Aisle Racking
While use of narrow aisle racking systems typically increases the capital cost of the storage and materials handling equipment, this is generally offset by savings in land and building costs. A very flat floor is necessary for the safe operation of turret trucks and automatic stacker cranes.
Key advantages include high density storage up to 13 metres; good accessibility - 100% selectivity; excellent utilisation of floor space with aisles occupying not more than the pallet width; and very fast throughput capabilities.
4. Selective Pallet Racking
One of the most common of all storage systems for palletised goods, selective pallet racking also offers extreme simplicity in terms of equipment and the most economical solution in capital costs.
Key advantages include greater use of available headroom; immediate access to any pallet; stock rotation enabled; versatile and easily configured; suitability for order picking; and efficient and economical operation.
Leave a Reply.
Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc.
PROMPT ASSEMBLY & PACKAGING INC.
228 Midwest Rd, Toronto, ON M1P 3A9
Phone: (416) 425-0884 Fax: (416) 425-6017
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com