Here are five environmental advantages of using corrugated cardboard packaging:
1: Corrugated packaging is made from renewable materials.
Most corrugated cardboard packaging is made from pine or birch tree pulp (often with a high percentage of recycled content). Generally speaking, these types of trees are easy to grow in a wide range of conditions, and are fast-growing in comparison to hardwood trees. The trees used for corrugated packaging can be harvested sustainably from properly managed forests.
2: Corrugated packaging is recyclable.
Corrugated cardboard packaging is among the most widely recycled materials on earth. Recycling has a “ripple effect” that reduces the energy and other resources required to make a material.
Some cardboard is made from 100% recycled materials, while the average is 70% to 90% recycled – making cardboard one of the most “green” packaging solutions available anywhere. Corrugated packaging can also be made without any bleaches or dyes, which further enhances its recyclability and reduces its environmental footprint. Finally, corrugated packaging materials can be disposed of more easily and sustainably than many materials because they are biodegradable.
3: Corrugated packaging is reusable.
Many corrugated cardboard boxes and similar packaging are made with flexible corners, so that a box can be collapsed and used again and again before it is recycled. Not only consumers, but also cost-conscious companies, are actively reusing cardboard boxes. Reusing boxes saves money by reducing the number of boxes that must be purchased new. Reuse also reduces waste and therefore disposal costs.
4: Corrugated packaging is energy-efficient to create.
Because they are made with a high percentage of recycled materials, the amount of energy required to make corrugated packaging solutions is reduced. And because they are made from a locally available materials (tree pulp and air), the transportation costs associated with manufacturing corrugated packaging is also reduced.
5: Corrugated packaging can be more efficient protection for your products.
Avoiding the production of something in the first place is even better than recycling it. Innovative corrugated packaging designs, such as retail ready packaging (RRP), can eliminate extraneous materials while delivering equal or greater structural strength and product protection. For example, RRP designs frequently eliminate entire portions of traditional cardboard packaging, and can also allow for thinner package walls.
View additional resources and get started section to use for your next projects.
Corrugated board is the cleanest solution for packaging foodstuffs. Why?
Because of very high temperatures applied during the manufacturing process (Corrugated manufacturing process uses heating elements with temperatures between 180 °C and 200 °C. The material itself reaches temperatures of at least 100 °C three times, once during the manufacture of the paper itself, and twice during the process of conversion to corrugated board.).
In addition, each package is used for only one delivery. This is true for fruit and vegetables, as well as bread, eggs, meat products, and other foods. Because with corrugated board, consumers and customers can be sure that every box, tray, and carton is being used for the first time. Guaranteed.
View more resources to get started on your next co-packaging project.
Why Go with Custom-Packaging
1. Image - A well designed package improves your brand and shows you care about both your product and the customer.
2. Convenience - A custom package can be designed to help make packing or unpacking easier. Examples: Crate side panel doubling as a ramp, added foam cut out to fit a manual or spare parts; store flat, nesting.
3. Cost - A custom designed package can reduce the amount of materials used and increase protection of your package, decreasing the risk of lost profits due to damage
4. Product Safety - Your product doesn't do anyone any good if it arrives broken. Custom packaging that's been drop tested and designed with your product in mind ensures it will arrive intact and ready to use.
5. Multifunctional - Having one pack that can be used for multiple different items saves time and money.
6. Simplicity - A custom designed package will make the product simple to pack, regardless of packer's experience level.
When you work with a co-packer like Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc., here are four benefits you can expect:
1. Logistics and warehousing support: Shipping and receiving capabilities, real-time inventory control, and storage for raw materials and finished goods can consume valuable time and resources. A reliable co-packer such as Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc. has an established infrastructure that complements its consumers’ receiving and distribution needs.
2.Reduced capital investments: Prompt Assembly& Packaging Inc. has equipment, production space and a skilled workforce ready to match your project, which reduces start up costs and capital investments in equipment, labor and facilities.
3.Credibility through certifications: Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc. has excellent Quality procedures and certifications. Partnering with Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc., who is familiar with your industry’s standards, can add a valuable level of expertise to your project.
4. Increased production capacity: Working with Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc. can reduce start up time and alleviate stresses of tight deadlines. In addition, the ability to boost production to multiple shifts can help you meet and exceed tight deadlines. Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc. can tailor existing equipment to meet the needs of your project.
Prompt Assembly & Packaging Inc.